Terms & Conditions of Entry
Westcare Accommodation Services’ Florence Hummerston Village and associated services, is a boarding house model with domestic support only. It provides accommodation for semi-independent single working age people with a disability, desiring either to live independently in the community (undertaking training to achieve this goal), or who wish to be accommodated on a seven day a week basis. Clients need to demonstrate that they:
- Are able to be responsible for their personal hygiene, including shower, wash hair, clean teeth daily and change clothes daily;
- Can dress independently;
- Can eat independently;
- Can go to the toilet independently and are not incontinent;
- Can administer and replenish their own medication, or appoint an advocate who will be responsible;
- Are able to launder their own clothes and care for clothes appropriately, or appoint an advocate who will be responsible;
- Be prepared to accept a level of independence by being responsible for maintaining their bedroom;
- Are able to make own purchases or appoint an advocate to be responsible;
- Do not demonstrate anti-social behaviour (anybody who demonstrates anti-social behaviour will be asked to leave);
- Can provide a medical report of their diagnosis and prognosis
- Are willing to sign a contract on admission, agreeing to these terms and conditions;
- Do not require 24 hour (overnight and weekend) support, except for catering staff after hours. Services provided are listed in the policies and information packages. Any consumer requiring support over and above those listed must establish that they have ongoing appropriate support from other agencies.
- Are able to handle their own finances or appoint an advocate to be responsible;
- Meet the requirements for Disability Services Commission funding;
- Undertake periodic reviews to determine eligibility as detailed above.
It is compulsory for residents to evacuate when an alarm is sounded or for fire drills. Consumers will be charged for repairs of deliberately damaged Westcare property.
Non-disclosure of any previous anti-social behaviour may be deemed to be a breach of the signed Contract agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of Entry.
Acceptance of an application for admission or continuation of residency shall at all times be at the discretion of the Manager of Accommodation Services.